About Me

Sunday, February 3, 2008

A Note About Leaving Comments:

I've heard quite a few people say to me, "I was going to leave a comment, but I didn't know how." I've also heard, "I was going to leave a comment, but I didn't have time," or even "I promise to leave a comment soon..."

Well, I can't help you find the time or even beg you to do it, but I can tell you how. It's simple, and contrary to what you might think, you do not need to register anywhere or leave your email.

1. Click on the icon under the posting that says (most often) "0 Comments." (There is a little thought bubble there as well.)
2. You will then enter a screen that allows you to do two things:
a. view other people's comments
b. leave your own comment
3. Type your comment in the box on the right. There should be a cursor there. (See below on comment content.)
4. When you are finished leaving a comment, you have to choose an identity. The easiest way is to click "anonymous." If you truly wish to stay anonymous, fine; or you can leave your name (initials, whatever) after you are done writing your comment in the box.
5. Then choose "Publish comments," or something to that effect. You'll notice on the post that the number will change from "0 Comments," to "1 Comment." Then you know you have been successful.

Now, you ask, "What do I leave in my comment?" You can leave any message you want. It can be related to my posting, a similar personal experience you had with the same situation, or you can disagree with me and post something saying, "You're so full of bs Rachel, quit your whining." Or perhaps, "You rock Rachel! You're blogs are so enlightening and funny, and well...I'd like to be just like you someday." Even a posting that says, "Right on," is welcomed. You can also post comments on other people's comments, so even if you don't leave a comment, you should read them. Getting a dialogue and discussion going is one of the reasons people blog. That and it satisfies a small narcisistic gnawing for the writer.

As my mother says, "Who the hell has time to read blogs and leave comments?" Touche. And as you can see, lately I've been having trouble finding time to blog as well. So, we do what we can. If you find you have a few minutes, and you decide to leave a comment instead of taking a bathroom break, finishing up those few dirty dishes, or folding the last of the clean laundry, we'd all love to hear from you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always knew that you wern't right! Your blog proves it in a funny way, even though the grass IS greener over the septic tank {Erma Bombeck}.

You keep going girl, your sense of humer is refreshing and original.

Uncle Mike {suprised ?}