About Me

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I've got Nothin'


This is my brain. I've got absolutely nothing funny to say today at all. Not that it's been a bad day, I've simply hit a wall and nothing funny is going to come out of it this evening. Wait...can I channel poignant? (Checking in 5...4...3...2...1..0) Nope. I don't have anything poignant to say either. Bummer for you.

I've checked my files for old writing or poems I might be able to include here. Unfortunately, the few essays I do have I don't want to share because I'd still like to get them published. Anything I've posted on this blog is considered "already published" and editors won't look at anything previously viewed by the masses. Even though in this case, the "masses" refer to my family and approximately 15 friends.

I have a few ideas for other blogs, but those will take more time to develop than I have right now. Not to mention the artful hand of my neighbor to edit some photos for me. When I'm ready to post that blog, it will be funny. Almost worth reading this crappy one for.

The highlights of this fabulous day include:
  • Paying bills
  • Doing Yoga with my husband
  • Making sweet potato fries and tuna for lunch
  • Feeding the kids Wendy's for dinner
  • Dealing with kids who are still up and still doing homework at 9:30 at night
You can see it's been a winner day for inspiration. The good news for you is that you can quickly read this and get on with your day. Clean some toilets or earn some more bacon-two things I'm currently not doing for my family.

You know those days during Lent when you nibbled on a piece of chocolate even though you gave it up, or when you glimpsed at the tv for 15 minutes to see the news, even though you swore you wouldn't watch the tube for 40 days? That's where I'm at today. I'm tired and my brain is really dry. So while this technically counts as a blog, I understand it's not really a blog. Not a sink-your-teeth-into-it-and-laugh-your-ass-off kind of blog. I know that's what you deserve. But right now my bed is calling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:-) I liked it Rach and look forward to reading them every day!

Dawn